The University is committed to protecting the health and safety of our students, staff and the broader community. Our events strictly abide by the COVID-19 rules and regulations set out by the NSW Government.
Update: 19 December 2020
Following the advice received overnight on the evolving COVID-19 situation, the decision has been made to cancel all in-person elements of Info Day today. Access Info Day TV, online course advice webinars and bonus content here.
Staying COVID safe on campus
- All guests and staff members will be briefed on COVID safe protocols via email and the Info Day website.
- COVID safety marshals will be stationed in key areas on campus to perform check-ins (for contact tracing purposes) and monitor physical distancing. When arriving on campus, please check in via the QR codes provided.
- COVID safety signage and floor decals will be positioned generously across venues.
- We encourage all attendees to wear a face mask as per NSW Health guidelines. Masks will be available on request from our staff.
- It is recommended you wear a face mask to get to campus on public transport.
- Please adhere to hygiene and physical distancing advice.
COVID safe capacity
- Info Day will be held across three registration-only session times to stagger attendance numbers. Each session is limited to a maximum capacity of 1000 attendees.
- The event will be spread across four main venues to adhere to the four square metre rule.
- Campus tour groups are capped at 30 people – the maximum capacity allowed under current NSW public health orders.
If you registered to attend on campus, you must confirm that:
- You are not showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (fever; flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat or headaches; or have difficulty breathing);
- You have not been instructed to self-isolate by a government health authority;
- You have not been to any locations associated with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days, including anywhere in the Northern Beaches Local Government Area;
- You have not had contact with a person who has been confirmed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days;
- You have not travelled overseas within the last 14 days.
Info Day TV, a live stream via Zoom, will be available for public viewing to accommodate those unable to attend due to illness, travel restrictions or being at high risk of developing COVID-19 complications.
Hygiene and cleaning
- Hand sanitizers will be placed around venues and food outlets.
- High touch areas in all event venues will be wiped down with disinfectant between sessions.
- All furniture near food outlets will be wiped down with disinfectant after each lunch sitting.
For further information, please read our COVID Safety Plan (pdf, 125.3KB). Or learn more about staying COVID safe on campus. You can also call 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864) if you have specific questions about our COVID safe protocols.